- Pick up homework assignments -- I will grade them for Wednesday
If you want to use Sage but: (a) don't want to install it on your computer, and (b) don't want to use http://sagenb.org, then I can easily make an account for you on sage.math.washington.edu, which you can use via ssh. You can use both the command line and the notebook interface from this account. Email me after class.
- Sage seminar this afternoon at 5pm:
TITLE: Introduction to Abelian Varieties TIME: 5-6pm on Monday, October 15, 2007 LOCATION: B027 in the Communications building SPEAKER: Robert Miller
- Number Theory seminar tomorrow at 5:10pm in Padelford 401.
TITLE: Convergence and the Sato-Tate Conjecture TIME: 5:10pm on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 LOCATION: Padelford C-401 SPEAKER: William Stein
- No crypto seminar this week. Probably a crypto seminar next week.
- Evaluation of class:
1. Are you learning something valuable to you in this course so far? 2. Is the class moving too quickly or too slowly for *you*? 3. Can you understand me or do I mumble too much or speak too quickly? 4. Do you find the course website, mailing list, and videos useful? 5. Is the homework reasonable? 6. Any other comments?