Follow-up on https://github.com/jupyter/jupyter_core/pull/61
- Jupyter kernelspecs should default to install to python's sys.prefix.
- There should be a convenience function in jupyter_client to construct the kernel spec path, which can be used in a package's setup.py, for example.
- Figure out what works with Python wheels.
- Document the work here in http://jupyter-client.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
- Make the EchoKernel into a complete python package with a setup.py that installs the kernelspec, as an example.
- Overview documentation page that guides a user to the appropriate repo docs.